Lord what a mess!!! It’s not a high falooten Country Club… but we nailed down a facility… an old refurbished theatre! I remember going to this theatre when I was a child. Here’s what it looked like when I was a child…

And get this… the manager said that we could put a message for my mother on the Marquee!!!!! I mean how cool is that!!!! I want to do it so bad… but it’s a surprise party!!!! This is what it looks like now...

I’m making everyone vote on EVERYTHING. So I’m going to put it to a vote ;)
And needless to say my WRITING life and my READING life has gone to pots... scratching head... is that how the saying goes? LOL!
Anyway... hopefully we'll get the caterer booked by the weekend and maybe my life will sort of get back to normal... I'm afraid of all those little details that are so easy to miss.
4 comments:
Good luck, Mary. I hope it all works out. I know how stressful things have been for you with this.
My first reaction was to tell you all that it isn't stressful... but thinking about it that's not so. Not only am I trying to make hasty arrangments... I am also trying to calm heated tempers. Some how I've become the sounding board. Yesterday I had enough... and told two family members (one an inlaw) that I didn't want to hear one more thing about another sibling. I'm going to stick to my guns on that... I truly hate this sort of bickering... it's not productive except to keep the friction active.
Actually most of the siblings are excited that it will be held at this theatre... and you are right... a surprise will take some doing. They hold plays there so we were thinking on telling mom that we were taking the boys to something there and put up a fake name of a play instead of her name.
There is still a little humor amoung a few of us... the joke amoung the siblings is to come up with a marquee saying...
my favorite so far...
"Tomorrow's Presentation
Granny's Revenge"
Oh... I guess I should explain the Marquee. Mom isn't one for being the center of attention ;)
I love the theater. We have an old one here in town. The site of many of Saturdays at the movies for me as a kid. I think your mom will love it.
Post a Comment