Saturday, June 03, 2006

Lesson Plans

Yesterday, I spent all afternoon up until 2:00 am working on lesson plans. I guess that’s what you would call it. I hadn’t gotten my act together to provide my kids with school work to do over the summer. Last week, they both started reading in a book… but I needed to put something together to assign daily workbook pages of reading, writing and math… things like this. Well, I did it last night for the most part. I want to look for supplemental projects but I’ve got the BIG plan done. So starting Monday, they have other things to do besides watching TV, playing games on the computer and on the game cube.

We’ve almost have all the “junk” out of the house. I couldn’t bring myself to tossing it out but I quit buying chips, cookies, sugary cereal since school let out. So healthy eating begins ;)

I didn’t work on my story yesterday because of the lesson plans but I will work today. Last night I did reach a decision to start writing in my young adult story while I work on my Scottish Historical. It’s also a Scottish Historical so I don’t think it would be a problem. And I nearly have that young adult mapped out in my head. It might be nice to finish a book fairly quickly even though it may only turn out to be 50,000 words.

I’m already tired and it's 8:30am. I stayed up until 2am last night and woke at 7:30am. I couldn’t sleep.

No comments: