Goals, Motivations and Conflicts... this is what I have been working on all afternoon.
I have resisted started another book (reading one that is) to get past this big hurdle. I have been reworking my story and again I kept having to stop because of my impatience.
My big Goal before I can begin revising again... to know and understand my characters goals, motivations and conflicts... all of the main ones... my heroine, my hero, my god villain and my mortal villain... yes I have two seperate villains with their own GMCs.
I HAD done this before but I didn't rework it when I changed my hero's personality from a plain warrior to a tortured warrior. Changing the nature of this one character affects the entire story along with all the characters in it... at least in this story.
And I did it... all except for my God Villain. I am in the middle of this one but stopped to blog looking for a tiny break.
I have made good progress. I am happy with this little brainstorming session because now I have good compelling reasons why my hero and heroine will act like they do.
Now I'm off to work on my God Villain... he's not actually a "god" but not a mortal(human) either... an evil character that is from the god otherworld ;)
I might start a romance tonight since I have come to realize that tomorrow is Friday. I read (without guilt) on the weekends ;) So its OK to get caught up in a romance tomorrow ;)
Pirates will have to wait until next week.
3 comments:
Hi, Mary, I understand and sympathize with the "tortures" our stories put us through--all to the good, I hope. Cheers to guilt-free reading! Happy writing, d:))
Big hugs, Mary. Been there done that, too many times before. :-)
Sometimes, as you write, the characters will evolve and you'll get new ideas for goals/motivations, too.
Post a Comment