Okay… in my last post… I think I cheated Gaelen Foley in my review. She IS a very talented author. As I stated in my earlier post… she is serious AND rich. Rich meaning she writes a full story… full plot with full descriptions… very nice prose. You get your money’s worth with her. And her stories are different. I read Lord of fire first. And when I was just into it a few chapters… I thought OMG… how is the heroine ever going to fall for the hero? It was the first time I read a Gaelen Foley story. It really was a great plot! She writes nice stories with interesting plots. I can’t help but wonder how much time she spends on research… because she has used actual historical events as background drama.
Lord of Ice was interesting because she really used the hero’s torment of what the war did to him as a realistic demon for him.
What I noticed about these two stories… it wasn’t like she pitted the hero and heroine against each other like the police officer falls for the thief type of drama. In these two stories… she does let the hero and heroine fall in love by mid way in the book (although they might not outwardly admit it) but big external reasons keep them apart. They are tortured hero’s and the heroines in these two books are quickly placed in interesting situations to help the hero out of their personal hells. The heroines do have their own demons but IMO it is a much smaller scale compared to the hero’s. BUT the hero does get wrapped up in the heroine’s situation in both stories (external plot)… so the heroines aren’t just placed there because a heroine is needed because it’s a romance.
1 comment:
As soon as I read the "first" Foley book (which is in my TBR pile) I may take a look at this one. Since I haven't read this author before, I need to wait.
Post a Comment