I did have a mishap with an electric knife before I unplugged it. DUMB! I tried to saw off my finger. I thought I might need stitches but the verdict of my brother in law and my husband is that I didn't need it. I can't remember the last time I cut myself this bad... but it didn't go to the bone ;) NASTY... I know ;)
The kids are home for Easter vacation... so its hard to concentrate on actual writing. I've spent a good deal of the day outside watching them play... and I've been reading Gaelen Foley's two Lord books. They were both really good reads but I think I like Lord of Fire best. I'm going to read the Duke soon. I didn't realize when I started reading them that its the story of their older brother. I typically read books in order. The website that I use to get series in order has the duke as a solo book not being part of a series.
Gaelen Foley's books are serious and rich. Great Writing but I need something lighter tonight. I think I'm going to try an Anne Gracie book. I have two of them but I have to figure out which one was written first. I think its The Perfect Rake. I really should try to write a regency since I think I read these more than Scottish Historicals... but I really think the reason why that is... is simply that more regencies are published than Scottish Historicals. I swear I wish I knew how to write with humor laced in it. There aren't too many Scottish Historicals... good ones... that have a bit of wit. Those are usually serious. But I am a serious writer so it does fit for me. As for Regencies... for some reason I'm intimidated by the thought of writing a regency. I think there are too many people who watch the accuracy in history for regencies verses Scottish Historicals. Not that I'm inaccurate. I do my part in research for accuracy but I also like the magic paranormal things that is easily done with Scottish Historicals... I like that too.
I'm bucketmouthing... I haven't been online for days. Just quick checks every now and then. My kids go back to school on Wednesday... so I plan on reading tonight and tomorrow too.
Hope everyone had a great easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment