I finished Charming the Shrew by Laurin Wittig. I enjoyed it. Her story had a great medieval feel. She made a remark in one of her lines that I especially liked to explain a small passage of time… “for the next candle mark.” It was nice little descriptions like this that reinforced that medieval mood. I’ve heard people say… don’t use “Twas” and words like this… but I really do love dialogue such as this ;) Laurin Wittig did it just fine to me. And I completely fell for the reasoning that had her heroine gallivanting through the raging snowstorms of Scotland with the hero. I think it was her third book. I will read more of her work.
I fear I’ve lapsed in a reading binge again. I’m not going to look at another book until the weekend. It was that Trojan that threw me off. It flusters me when I have to fight the computer like that. I needed the comfort of a few good books. I think I am good to go again ;) I have been editing a little on the new book that I started so I have been doing something just not really enough. I will work harder tomorrow since I don’t have a heroine and hero to worry about at the moment… except my own.
And I can’t believe that Easter Sunday is this weekend!
6 comments:
Mary,
You're a book-reading dynamo! I can't keep up with you.
Tanya
LOL Tanya! It's because I watch zero TV. I only watch one 30 minute show on saturday nights with my sons. I've never seen American Idol. Although everyone talks about it... I have no idea what it is about... I think its a game show of some kind? I watched a survivor show once when I went to my sisters house and she forced me to watch it so I would know what America was talking about ;
I won't tell ;) I'm staying clear of Gollum LOL! I love that ;)
Waving 'hi' to Mary....Happy Easter, sweetie!
:-)
Cindy
Happy Easter Mary.
Happy Easter to all of you too!!!
Hugs,
Mary
Post a Comment