Sunday, March 05, 2006

Rewriting my outline

Today I decided to rewrite my outline. Since I seem to keep getting stuck in reworking my blocking… I decided to rewrite my outline. And that is really helping! I am only on Chapter 5 in my outline but new ideas are finally springing from this asking those “what if” questions when you’re trying to decide how the next section should go. Why is it different then blocking it out verse actually writing the story in a brief telling form... I'm not really sure. I'm not going to worry over that... I'm just going to go with it.

And it’s starting to sound like a whole different story. I’m also thinking of alternate endings and seriously think I’ve decided on one. We’ll see when I get to the ending in my outline.

I’m only half way through A Great and Terrible Beauty. I have to admit that I’m disappointed that it hasn’t pulled me in the story enough to demand my attention in finishing it. It is an interesting concept but I think it is reading too slow. I can’t help but wonder where all these relationships with the other girls are going to take this story. I have an idea but if that is the case… it doesn’t seem believable to me yet. I need to be convinced. I’m talking cryptic so I won’t ruin it for those who are reading or about to read it.

A note about my workout… I am happy to report that I definitely feel stronger pushing myself to the “failure” limit. And it’s only been a week back on the workout wagon! I want to work on my back muscles more. I never had back pains until the last few years so I’m curious if I take care to build my lower back muscles if that will help with those too frequent of back pains. Perhaps the reason is simple. Perhaps it is just because I allowed those muscles to become weak. It will be an experiment ;)

No comments: