Monday, February 20, 2006

Sorcery & Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot

It has been a lazy day!! I finished reading Sorcery & Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot when I should have been working on my story! The night is still young so I don’t feel too guilty.

This book is different in that the entire story is written as an exchange of letters between two female cousins. It is amazing how the story grew out of these letters. And what makes this sort of writing doubly interesting is that it started out as a game of exchanging letters between two authors (Patricia Wrede & Caroline Stevermer) for fun! Apparently, they never revealed plot details to one another as they wrote back and forth. One author play the role of one cousin while the other author played the second cousin. I am simply amazed how well this book came out as the result of a game... completely charming!

And then I find out that the authors continued the adventures of these two characters in another book… The Grand Tour. That story just maneuvered itself in the top of my to read list ;)

No comments: