I made pretty good progress on outlining my story last night. Went to bed early enough so I could wake up before the kids but still feel like I slept late. Wrong! My oldest slept at a friends house and my youngest usually sleeps in the same room in the upper bunk of bunk beds. My youngest didn’t want to sleep alone… so around midnight we got an extra body in our bed. My husband needs his sleep before a workday and having that extra tossing furnace buried beneath our sheets wasn’t cutting it. My husband sent him back to his own bed. In the middle of the night, my son debated, pleaded, and finally whined that he didn’t want to sleep alone. Guilt swamps me. He’s just a little kid. No big deal, I’ll just move. So I get up, tread down the hall to sleep in the lower bunk of the boys bedroom. OMG! Did my eldest son pick out that bed?!? It’s a hard a rock! I tossed and turned and didn’t feel like I slept a wink. And my youngest son still didn’t sleep well… thanking me ever hour or two that I came to sleep with him in the room. Sooo my conscious wouldn’t let me leave!!!
I hope I can function well enough to work today. I’m probably three quarters of the way into adjusting my synopsis and hoped to finish it yesterday. I also hoped to fix my blocking to adjust for the changes. At least I don’t have any books that I am in the middle of reading to tempt me from my goal.
Now I’ve got to get moving to go out in the cold rainy weather to pick up my eldest son. I hope he had a good night’s sleep last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment