We managed to get through most of the winter with only minor incidents of sniffles. But this week my daughter is sick with something that looks like it will last a while. And I have a sneaking suspicion that I’m catching it too. I can’t think straight but at least I can still read ;) So I’m reading another Scottish Historical by Amanda Scott.
I like these stories but they are full of historical factual fluff. And After reading Lord of the Isles I realized they didn’t seem so tight either. Lord of the Isles had undeveloped threads or had no “umph” when some of them were concluded. But I’m a “series” junkie. I like to know what happens to other characters in stories even if I know the stories might have flaws. I’m glad actually that I can still read like this. I was worried that I might become too critical after learning as much as I have on story development. (I do have lots more to learn) But I can still let go and enjoy a story for what it is. Amanda Scott is a Bestselling Author… she got a Scottish Historical Reader following for sure. What she writes is definitely worth studying to me. And her stories are entertaining with a lot of characters and a full amount of story threads. Yet, they are simple. I’m not sure if that makes sense. I don’t know why I’m picking on Amanda Scott today. She has put so many details on cloths, items and the surrounding and I guess my patience is short because I am sick.
They are good imaginative stories. They are holding my attention and enticing me to read them all so that does say something for her writing. I’m not regretting reading them.
3 comments:
There is something going around, Mary. I had to take my daughter to the doctors for a physical and the office was packed. The nurse says there's some type of stomach flu that's getting all the kids. I don't know where you live, but she said it's all over the place.
Tanya
Beth just wrote and told me she was sick sick sick and her kids too with this flu thing. But Jack had a different kind of flu, head only and some chest congestion, shakes and pains.
I'm not going out this week. I cannot afford to get sick at all right now.
It looks like we are lucky after all... the doctor thinks it was virus or something to start but it moved to her ear. So she has been on antibiotics since last night and she's improved already! But since there is lots of things going around... I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!
Tanya, I'm live in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia. So that means... RWA National Conference here I come!
Post a Comment