Friday I read an awesome western romance… Temptation by Jane Harrison. It was a tightly written story. Everything had a purpose and I fell in love with the characters. Both the Hero and Heroine. I got completely caught up in their hopes, dreams, disappointments and fears. I cried a lot reading this book. I stayed up until 4am to finished it. Jane kept tempting me to keep turning the page… what will happen next… and why?
My wish? I wish I could read the story of the other characters that I also fell in love with. Luke for one. Even Joseph, I know, would make a perfect tortured hero. I love westerns! And this one had it all… gun fights, cattle rustling, even the church social where they auction off the women’s picnic baskets. I love those ;)
And I’m not the only one who thought this a great romance… it was selected as a BMI Gloria Diehl Book Club book. I highly recommend this story for both pleasure and study.
2 comments:
I made a typo.
I wouldn't say that your story struck me as grim, but bold and realistic. Times are a changing... I wonder how an editor would react to your writing now. It does seem writers have gotten bolder in both their scene descriptions, at least on the contemporary end.
Post a Comment