Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Black Silk by Judith Ivory

Last night I finished reading Black Silk by Judith Ivory. NOT your typical romance. It didn't follow all the rules and was a refreshing read for it.

Judith Ivory’s prose is rich. I thought the twists and turns of the plot were believable yet intriguing. What I mean is… it didn’t at all sound contrived. It was tight plot, really tight.

I could imagine how it all could have really happened, how a widow would end up living as she did when her husband’s will was contested and then doing what she did to keep shelter over her head. I don’t want to give anything away for those of you who are going to read it. The events in the lives of the characters lives fell like dominoes. I wouldn’t say it is a fast paced book but thoroughly interesting. I really enjoyed it and will definitely read another.

No comments: