Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I Love Laura Kinsale!

OMG… I have a new favorite author… Laura Kinsale!!!

Last night I wasn’t ready to go to bed so I picked up Flowers from the Storm. I knew it would be good when I cried on page 34. I may be easy to please with romance novels but I don’t cry easily. Talk about thinking out of the box!! I’m so excited and frustrated at the same time. I can’t wait to finish it but I can’t read like I want to today. I’ve got to do Christmas baking so I can get family packages off by Friday. I’m also annoyed at myself for taking so long to get to this book! I’ve had it a LONG time! I am going to get For My Lady’s Heart for my Christmas stocking. I have others by her (that I never read) but not that one. This makes me wonder what other treasures lay (or is it lie) in the bottom of my “to read” stack(s).

I guess I’d better talk about my writing accomplishments for the day since this is my writing blog ;) I finished reading/studying Evan Marshall’s Modes and completed my Assignment.

1 comment:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with this book. I love it. I hate it. It made me bawl too and I felt worn out, out of sorts, and exhausted after the rollercoaster ride through the whole story. An excellent book, but not one I'd read for "pleasure." I bought several other Kinsale books, but I haven't read them yet.