Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Christ the Lord by Anne Rice

I finished Christ the Lord. I really like the way she ended it. I was satisfied. Midway through the book, I must confess I was getting bored. Where was she taking this? I knew but it didn’t read as compelling as I thought she could have made it. I do feel she redeemed herself in the end.

This would make a nice christmas gift... it IS the story of Jesus's birth.

I feel she succeeded in writing this book. Why? Because she has motivated me to study the Gospels again. It has been a while. She made a lot of interesting points in her authors notes... things I never considered before. I think I'm going to read some of the books she mentioned. I bet I'm not the only one inspired this way by this book.

I AM looking forward to her next book.

No comments: