Sunday, October 23, 2005

Plot Board & Halloween Cookies

Yesterday I made a plot board using a Styrofoam presentation board. I have come to the conclusion that I may not have enough for an action packed 400 page story. I think the answer to my problem is to fine tune some of the plot threads to make them more important to the story and/or add another thread.

I never made a plot board before. I can see how this will be helpful to spark new ideas. I found a good spot for a love scene using the board, something I neglected when I wrote up the outline. It changed the plot a little though but that’s good. I need to add a couple of love scenes… it’s a romance after all ;)

I am also developing my specific scenes and sequels within my 10 blocks. I’m through Block 4. I really want to get them all written so I can get a better estimate of a page count.

This week I will be busy doing non-writing activities. Every year my daughters school (special education wing) hosts a “Harvest walk.” The school is situated in the middle of a one mile public park walk. It’s really very nice. Activity tables of all sorts are scattered around the walk so the kids can play games and also pick up Halloween prizes. For the past three years, I have done the cookie decorating table. So in the next few days I need to bake 200 pumpkin shaped sugar cookies to decorate. The kids really love to come to my table (the firemen that attend do too LOL) so it's all worth it.

No comments: