A productive Friday.
Okay… if you had a used book sale going on around you selling 100,000 used books… wouldn’t you go again if you didn’t find what you were looking for the first time? (Grinning) Not that I was actually looking for a book on “Cowbody Dances” but I found one LOL! I’m strange. The western churning in my head didn’t have my hero/heroine dancing but now maybe a scene will come. You never know what you’ll find at these sales. One time I found a pamphlet on how to make moonshine... it's true!
My writing day:
15 minutes Blog
1 hour working on plotting scenes… this is going too slow for me
1 hour straightening my bookshelves (This isn’t really writing time… but after such a slow time of plotting scenes, I couldn’t resist a little procrastinating)
2 hours – only 2.5 pages!!! This is also too slow for me. But I am happy with what I produced.
I need to figure out the emotional arc. I think this is my problem in why everything is going too slow. How they grow emotionally isn't clear in my head. I do have the external plot planned but not the internal story. I read some of Kinley MacGregor's Return of the Warrior last night. I'm not sure if I was just over tired but I cried a lot. The emotional story hit home with me. This is what I need to work on... my characters emotional arc.
This morning I found a link to an interesting article on the “Top Ten Nonphysical Characteristics of Your Hero by Karen Childress.” What especially caught my eye was the one at the bottom is her comments on the hero’s accent… she says, “Don’t forget –women fall in love with their ears. It might not only be what the hero says but the way he says it.”
1 comment:
Hey Mary!
I didn't get to read it all, but I will come back to it.
Stay with it; you have a wonderful "voice" and I am anxious to see your latest work!
Peggy
Post a Comment