I got really side tracked today…Big Time.
Why did I decide to do it today? The other computer has a slow internet connection, it's one of the main reason's no one wants to use it… A year ago I made it wireless but it’s on the opposite side of the house from where the router (signal) is and the connection is terribly slow. Today, I decided to get newer version of our wireless router… its suppose to get 3 times the range then one we have now… so I just popped in Staples after dropping off the kids and picked it up… well… don’t you know… the simple setup “wizard” is never simple!!!! 4 hours later all I managed to do is mess up the configuration on my laptop as so it's wireless connection won’t work! I ended up putting the old router back in place but I'm still confined to sit by the modem. So I’m a day behind in my writing… I did manage to type most of my outline in the computer and started the actual synopsis... probably not even a page but a start. I’ll tackle the router after I get my synopsis completed.
2 comments:
Mary,
Try getting a Netgear WGR416 or WGT426. They're really easy to set up and use. It took me only 2 minutes.
Hi Angelle... your right Netgear is usually easy that's why I was so confident that I'd be able to plug and play... My old router is a netgear router and the new one also (Rangemax) with the new Mimo technology... The bad thing is... I rely on those wizards because I really don't know what I'm doing.
Hummm... I worry over next week.
Thanks! Mary
Post a Comment