Yesterday… I worked on the outline to my SH #2. I wrote it by hand… so I’m not sure how many typed pages it will make… I write big when I’m excited and its was going good… so I did write out 18 pages BUT in the last 10 pages my sentences were taking up 2 or more lines LOL. I’m actually about ¾ through and expect to finish it today. I needed to do this. It was the step that I neglected. I’m excited again. I have a firmer picture in my mind how the story will go.
I didn’t block out the outline… its more like a really long synopsis… I’ll work on blocking and watching how it falls in the Hero’s Journey. It might require a few adjustments but I don’t think too many. I wrote this in order to figure out my synopsis… and when I was writing it I realized that this was an essential step that I skipped…. I need outlines! I needed the Synopsis Assignment!!
I subscribe to this yahoo group owned by Charlotte Dillion and it automatically delivers a daily (digest) email with anywhere from 1 to 5 links to online writing articles. I really enjoy receiving them… to join go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FirstDraft/ I’m not sure if you will automatically be subbed or not… and I’m pretty sure Charlotte Dillion has limited access to the internet because she lived outside of New Orleans and hasn’t been able to return home yet… so I think it’s probable that you experience a delay if you’re not automatically subscribed.
Why am I telling you this? Today, the link to this article on Romantic Conflict by Vanessa Grant was in my inbox. I am going to remember this when I work on the character arcs… next on my agenda.
1 comment:
Miss Black... I hope I can compose a good synopsis... the pressure's on ;) and Thanks for the update on Charlotte's lists Marlene.
Post a Comment