Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Last Nights Progress

Last night, I critiqued a chapter for my CP and I wrote 2 pages.

I’m glad I finished Saving Grace… I noticed some wonderful things in the end. Julie Garwood really does use everything in her book… the static trait of the heroine was to repeat adages that her mother used to tell her. In the story, Julie Garwood made a point to have one or two of the minor characters interact with her over one in particular. And guess what happened? After the climatic moment… she used the particular saying to help relieve the tension in the scene… it made a good laugh… and I got that WOW I loved how she did that feeling. Another good point reading this book… it seemed obvious to me how she showed their character growth. Again… this is something I needed to see.

I enjoyed your post today Miss Black... I need to write more pages a day... I knew that... I needed the reminder. Thanks!

No comments: