Yesterday I wrote 4 pages! Really almost 5… but I won’t count half pages in my daily blogs. Maybe at the end of the week… I’ll count them in my total page count toward my weekly goal.
I’ve decided to read a series by Kenneth Flint… an old one that tells the story of the Celtic God Lugh and his grandfather enemy… Balor. I’m curious of how closely he stayed with the actual tales… there are many variations I’m finding… so curiosity is getting the best of me.
I want to also mention a story that I read a few days ago… it was one of those books that you pick up to flip through and get caught reading it. It’s a children’s book… Riding the Flume by Patricia Curtis Pfitsch. I think it was the environmental backstory that held me in the story although she did draw me in the life of the heroine. It’s a historical fiction tale of a family’s struggle to come to terms with the death of one of their children… and the struggle of the heroine to pull out of the life of living in the shadow of her lost sister. But the setting was the logging of the giant sequoia trees and the heroine's despiration to save one of the sequoia trees. It was an interesting story that kept me in its pages.
No comments:
Post a Comment