Yesterday I made a plot breakthrough with my SH #2. I’m excited about it… its going to raise the dramatics and tension a few more notches… I love action in Scottish Historical books… got to give those alpha male Scots a battle or war to fight ;) Naturally… I came up with this new idea in the dead of night and I was really tired. So I only made a few basic notes. I’m going to work on developing it further today. And I’m going to plot this out on the supernote cards… I have forgotten to try to use it!
I am also going to my local RWA monthly meeting today. It has been a while since I’ve been. It feels good to see actual people get excited over the same things I do… not that I don’t appreciate my internet friends… they are always there and I do feel closer to them. But there is something about watching a woman (or man… we have one in the group) stand up and share their good writing news… it’s highly motivating!!!!
Now that I'm thinking about my local chapter... I want to share that it will be hosting its annual conference September 30 through October 2. It will be a good one! Debra Dixon will be giving a 2 hours workshop on putting your GMC in your hero's journey. There are tons of other workshops... click on link for more info. If any of my stark mad friends are going... let me know... I've already registered and will hopefully have an editor appointment with Erika Tsang with Avon.
I also finished reading Swain’s 1st Chapter. I will probably have to wait to go to Barnes and Noble until next week when the kids are in school. I will be going to the local bookstore (Chapter 11) today. The romance authors in my chapter are having a book signing. I always go to those. I will check out that store… although I can picture the whole store layout exactly in my mind. I could do the same for Barnes and Noble… but I will go there for my assignment… I can't pass up such a great excuse to go there!
Have a Happy Saturday… and stay out of the heat… It’s a scorcher here in Georgia!
2 comments:
Hi Mary,
Sounds like you had a good time at the meeting. I know what you mean by face-to-face meetings being very motivating and different from online friends/email/buddies, etc. They're not better or worse, just different IMHO. :)
GRW has some incredible writers, and I'm so envious that you're a member there.
I do feel lucky in that chapter... there are lots of talented authors willing to share their knowledge.
I had a great time today... Dorie Graham did a presentation on invoking reader empathy. Good Stuff.
Post a Comment