Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!

Time is going by too fast... it's been too long away from my blog.

I'm still reading YA and Adult romance ;)  I'm finishing Lesley Livingston's series today. Not sure what I'll move to next.  Maybe the Hunger series.  My youngest is reading those stories.

My oldest son and I are currently hooked on Smallville. We are almost through the 5th season. I LOVE all things Superhero LOL!  We saw the green lantern movie in 3D... I love summer action movies like that!

I haven't written in ages.  Life and responsibilities are totally getting in the way. I'm hoping by the end of September all of my big challenges will be behind me.

I've been administrator to my ex-husbands estate. It's a mess.  He had way more debts than money.  I've found out so much about him since his death. It's tempting to write a book.  I won't.  Not a happy ending.  Too much negativity.

I'm just concluding a bit of a battle with my daughters school system.  Had to hire a professional advocate and attorney.  It looks like it's going to work out.  Maybe not exactly as I hoped but the good news is she will be going to the school that I had been fighting for. She's getting an augmentative communication device.  It's one of those gadgets that you push buttons and it talks for you.  I have high hopes about it. The school that I fought for has more experience with these devices than the other schools around us.

That's the two biggest challenges going on with my life right now. They are seriously time consuming especially when trying to fit it all in with work and children.

I forgot to mention that my son got his drivers license on July 1st.  That's a whole other story LOL.  I was a complete wimp about it. I was avoiding my parent duty of driving with my son.  I would never have thought that of myself.  I was a thrill seeker in my young adult years: parachuting, cliff jumping, scuba diving and all things like that.  But driving in the car with my child, I just didn't have the nerves for it. After John died, the dad of my son's best friend offered to drive with Billy on Sundays.  Very Nice People!  Long story short, my son had probably 6 hours left of the 40 hours left of required driving when we took a trip to Athens, GA (to tour UGA).  It was the four of us, my son, his friend, his friends dad, and of course me.  Billy was driving THEIR car when a car swerved in our lane.  Somehow, he avoided the collision with the car on his right and the concrete wall on his left.  It was in the side to side swerving that my son lost control of the car.  It ROLLED.  It was the weirdest feeling coming out of a daze hanging upside down.  I'm serious.  It was a highway accident without hitting a THING. EVERYONE crawled out (because the car was upside down) without any injury. The dad had a few minor cuts (easily patched with band aids). It was a miracle that no one was hurt.  The windshield shattered, all the doors but one was crushed shut, the frame held except for one place over the drivers door. I swear all of our guardian angels worked overtime that day.

They didn't catch the driver who came in our lane.  A fair amount of witnesses stopped so so my son wasn't charged with anything.  I can't help but wonder how my mother survived five teen drivers!

I miss you all... and I'll try not to stay away from my blog for such a long time!

No comments: