It's been a while on my blog!! Too long! I HAD to post about last night.
I play board games with my kids every now and then... and usually its only one game per day. A Monopoly game often stretches out for two days.
A few years back I searched through Amazon for board games and came across The Settlers of Catan... it was "the board game Christmas". All the raving reviews made me buy it... but when we tried to play it then (2 or 3 years ago), but it was too complicated to figure out (not sure why now).
Well over the Turkey holidays, I promised my boys that I'd play one board game a day with them. Last night, my youngst son and I were determined to figure this game out. They have an online teaching tutorial that really really helped. My boys are older now... definitely older than the advised age of 10. We all watched it and set out to play around 7:30pm.
Well... TALK ABOUT A FUN GAME!!!! I hadn't willingly (not the right word) WANTED to keep playing a game over and over again in one sitting in years... UNTIL last night! I don't know how many games we played but we stopped because we were too tired to play another game around 2:00am!!! That's right. We played for over 6 hours and it felt like nothing. If we weren't so tired.... we would have kept playing. It was THAT FUN.
I look forward to our day together... I'm sure it will be around the card table with The Settlers of Catan in front of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment