I’m back from Florida. It was a great trip but I’m glad to be home. My mother left yesterday to return to Louisiana. She moved around so much better than the year before. She still used the walker to walk over the beach but otherwise she didn’t seem to need it. My kids had fun. We went shelling at this fantastic beach. I also brought a metal detector and we found 3 quarters buried in the sand. LOL! It was exciting to find them!!!
I didn’t get to write while at the beach. Too much going on. But I did think about my writing life and did read a few pages of the Emotional Structure book every night. After I read Ms. Bourne’s books… I read the Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar. Amazon had reviews from readers saying it was the best book that they had ever read. I have to wonder how many books these people read. Don’t get me wrong. I did enjoy it and it did have a satisfying ending… to a point. Not really what I wanted but after I read it, I realized the author guided the story to reach that ending. So it was a good ending. It was a coming of age story for a werewolf girl. It had fashion believe it or not, drugs, violence and quirky, fun and engaging characters that made the story.
I did run out of fiction books to read! I can't believe I didn't bring enough. Last time, I brough a boat load and only got to read one. So I only brought three. I was pretty annoyed with myself.
The kids go back to school on different days… but they basically go back August 10th. They have book reports to do and we have cloths to buy. It will be a busy few weeks but I am going to get back to writing and finish my short story.
1 comment:
Hi Mary! Glad you had a good time. Well, I changed my mind about M/M. I am coming after all. Will get there on Friday this year instead of Thursday.
Post a Comment