I am happy with the progress that I've made on the short story this week.
I already know that I'll be doing some serious revisions. I just read one of the stories from the line that I am targeting. I'm glad I did... it made me realize that I've got to really tighten my story. It needs to be a simple plot and I HAVE to concentrate on making the story about the hero and heroine relationship. Even in a short story... it's easy to get distracted with the external plot and lose sight of the H/H relationship.
I just double checked my notes and I wrote everyday this week!!! That's what this is all about... getting back into the habit of writing again. What's that number? The number of days you have do something to form a habit. Twenty something?
2 comments:
GREAT WORK, MARY!!!!! I'm so proud of you. You have written every day this week? you should go eat some chocolate or something? That is big doins'
I didn't write every day this week but I still made strong progress on the story. I'm right at about 70% done with the first draft. See? I told you we could this. We just need to set goals that we can meet.
Can't wait to read your story. Hope your hike was good today. Thought about you and all that cold weather. Hope your toes thaw out soon!
Michelle
I wrote every weekday... I can't remember if I wrote last sunday. I didn't write yesterday at all. The hike did make me tired ;) and it was COLD!! So when I got home I read a book... The Hunter's Moon. Loved it!!
Post a Comment