Friday, August 01, 2008

A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce

I finally finished the retelling of Rumpelstiltskin. The book I read is called A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce.

This book took a few weeks for me to get through, not because it wasn't good... life just got in the way... and a few scenes that made me too nervous to read on. Laughing. It really wasn't scary, just a bit on the creepy side for me.

I have honestly never been much of a fan of the Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale... but this retelling was well done! Ms. Bunce weaved an involved tale involving many great characters and a town. Loved the people of Stirwaters! I read one bad review for this story on Amazon (there were many many 5 star reviews)but in a way I could see how the reader was disappointed. She said that the main character wasn't developed enough. Perhaps that is true in a way but I think that is something to debate.

No comments: