Saturday, June 07, 2008

Taking 2 Days Off

Yesterday, I drove to North Georgia for family night at the boy scout camp. It really was a good time. And there really is nothing better to ease a person's soul then to be outdoors. I know its a cliche... but it is so true.

I got lucky... they had an extra canvas/cabin open... so I didn't have to pitch a tent. I was fully prepared to sleep in my van if it rained :) I drive one of those high top vans and the back seat folds out into a bed ;) I slept in the van last year. Anyhoo... The family night event was in an open amphitheater (really nice). All the troops had their 3 minutes in the limelight so their troop can put on a skit. I think you need to be a 11-13 year old to fully appreciate the jokes! Laughing. I brought supplies for somores (spell?) and gave the kids sugar rushes before bed ;)

OK... I tell you my incident. Which by the way, I thought I was real cool about it at the time until someone asked who screamed this morning. (There were other moms out there too). I didn't realized I screamed but I guess I did. I'm serious... within 1 minute of me turning off my flashlight, something landed on my face!!! I swiped whatever it was off and very quickly turned on the flashlight. OMG... it was roach!!! Actually, when I saw it, I didn't like it but I didn't really freak out. It wasn't one of the HUGE roaches like I grew up with in Southern Louisiana, so for that, I was thankful. No... it was a little nothing roach. It simply startled me by attacking me in the dark!

As for my writing... I didn't get any done. And I won't work on it this evening because I am tired thanks to a whippoorwill. I will be back tomorrow with pages to report.

2 comments:

Dixie Belle said...

I would have screamed too!!! Yuk!
I hate bugs, but I hate snakes worse. Get some rest, girl!! And I hope your mom is doing better.

Mary said...

Yes... snakes are worse! I didn't see any of those ;) They moved mom into a nursing home today (Monday) temporarily for physical therapy. Her spirits are up and she's motivated to get out of there!