I got a crazy call from my brother first thing this morning. First I'll set my story up. I have a pretty stubborn 83 (I think that's her age) mother.
Apparently, she fell two days ago and couldn't get up. My sister (the one who lives 30 minutes from my mother) estimates that she was on the floor for 30 HOURS!!! But get this. She had the phone AND my sister had called her during her stay on the floor. As always, my mothers standard reply is that she was "fine." OK... she DID NOT mention to my sister that she was "fine" on the floor and that she was "fine" over the fact that she COULDN'T get up.
Gerrie, a woman who has worked for my mother since I was a toddler. Gerrie pretty much raised me and my younger brother. Gerrie, came over to clean mothers house as usual... and found mom on the floor. Mom dared Gerrie to call my sister and told her she was "fine." I bet it was the quickest cleaning job Gerrie ever did for mom. Because when she left mom's house, she called my sister.
Of course, Mom end up in the hospital dehydrated. She didn't break anything but was too weak to walk. The doctors won't let her leave the hospital until she goes through physical therapy and walks.
When I called my sister this morning (after I get the call from my brother), she was talking in code. I didn't get it until she tells me that Gerrie never called her. Laughing. I was confused at first because her story and my brothers didn't match. Then I figured it out. Mom doesn't know that Gerrie called my sister. That's simply too much! Poor Gerrie. She is a simple and good woman... my mom is the bully. I have to wonder what my mom said to her to make her think she would actually lose her job after something like 40 YEARS!
Mom's excuse for her CRAZY behavior... She didn't want to bother anyone. She knew she didn't break anything.
Unbelievable!
No comments:
Post a Comment