Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Book By Its Cover by Laura Resnick

Cynthia Sterling wrote a short blurb about an article titled A BOOK BY ITS COVER written by Laura Resnick. I think EVERYONE gets a peek at Cynthia Sterling's newsletter since it is often circulated around all the RWA Chapter loops but if you don't, and want to.... click here.

I am pointing it out to you because you may not have read it. Laura Resnick's article is LONG but really is very interesting reading. It's about how IMPORTANT it is to have a great cover on your book. I think about this a lot because I HAVE and DO buy books based just on its cover. It's true!!! I typically read the back, but if the back cover blurb confirms that yes, the cover is really giving me a visual glimpse of the story... I buy it. I know many of my friends don't do this but I do LOL!

Right now... I think Berkley Sensations have the best covers if I'm thinking about a publisher who consistently puts out a nice and different (yet not too different) cover. I think Avon's are good... but Avon typically plays it safe... and I LOVE clinch covers so that's alright with me LOL!

No comments: