Thursday, January 04, 2007

Great Expectations Extended their deadline again

Today, Great Expectations extended their deadline again because of lack of entries. Extended to January 7th for emailed entries... and received by the 10th for snail mail entries.

It's only the first 25 pages and a query Letter... and they provide a few examples of query letters to go by.

I think they had a good listing of editors/agents on the final judging panel... you might want to click on the link above and see if you see someone you would like to target.

5 comments:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I think you have to be an RWA member, though, don't you? Otherwise, I'd enter. My RWA membership lapsed last year and I haven't been able to afford it again yet.

Mary said...

I'm sorry! I just checked... it does say that it is open to RWA members.

I've been looking at different contests lateley because I plan to enter at least six of them this year... one of my goals ;) So recently I did notice a contest or two that you don't have to be a RWA member. Hopefully... my memory banks will process this next promise... I will remember to send you an email when I come across contests open to everyone.

It was great to hear from you!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I might enter anyway. It's the perfect opportunity, and I planned to renew my membership as soon as I get our tax refund (or my work bonus) in Feb./March anyway. Of course, I have to whip my entry into shape first.....

Good to hear from you, too! Best of luck with the 6 contests!

Mary said...

I just read your blog post... nothing like your dream editor to get you going!!

Good luck to you too!!!

Mary said...

I just read your blog post... nothing like your dream editor to get you going!!

Good luck to you too!!!