I have been working on my Young Adult this week. Beth posted on her blog (I think it was Tuesday) that she had plotted out an entire book in a day... I was like... WHAT???
Anyway, I had been working on my Young Adult but hadn't fine tuned the plot. So yesterday (Wednesday), being inspired Beth’s post of plotting all in one day... I focused and I DID get all most of all my main scenes planned… nearly all.
Then last night (Wednesday) around 10pm I went outside. I looked up in the sky and saw that it was a beautiful full moon. This jarred a memory about writers who follow astrology... as in they follow a plan with their plotting and writing according the phases of the moon and other astrological events. I couldn't help but wonder if there really was something to all this.
I did find one article on the internet on "Writing down the Moon" here.
Side Note to those interested in Medieval... Medieval Weddings Website.
2 comments:
Well, I do have to admit what I wrote was really a synopsis of the story, with turning points, climaxes, black moment, etc. Not a scene by scene plot, which I won't do right now. After I start writing, I will then break it down into scenes to make sure each scene moves the story forward. In the past, when I plotted a story scene by scene first before I wrote word one, I stalled, because I felt as though I already told the story. My brain is obviously perverse that way.
I will also add that I wrote on a story for almost two years and never had it fully plotted. ;)
Even so... to fully realize a story as you sit down to work on is an awesome accomplishment! When I think of a new story... it is often a single concept that gets stuck in my head and I work to made a story come from it... with the exception of the young adult that I am working on because it is a retelling of a romantic scottish legend.
Post a Comment