Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday Goals and what's next for Study

16 1/2 pages last week... not what I was shooting for but it's better than nothing!

My Goal this week is to try to AT LEAST write 3 pages a day BUT I am going to shoot for 6. My 11 pages a day are just not doable right now. I need to work myself back up to that. My YA is going better but it is so much dialogue. I am trying to get the skeleton of the story down and I'm skipping some of the other senses... smells, the way things feel. I will put it in if it comes to me at that moment... but right now I'm just hearing dialogue. So I will just go back and add in the sensory details later. I'm curious to how this will work out... I've never written this way. Actually, I'm going to have to go back and change dialogue. It DOES NOT sound "scottish" in the least. But I will think of some distinct phrases for my H/H and fix the dialogue later. Is this the easy way or the hard way? Talking to myself ;)

I am also going to reread A Hunger Like No Other. At least the first quarter of the story. I want to plot out the scenes and make notes... to see how she made the pace the way she did. A lot of disasters... that makes for great pacing.... because you've GOT to read on to see what happens next. She set up an awesome scenario of how in the hell are they going to get past all this? I want to see how she did that.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good luck on the pages!

BTW, I tried to buy that book, twice, this weekend, and couldn't find it. Amazon, here I come.