This morning I received a link to Gaelen Foley's site and an article that she wrote... WRITING THE FIRST DRAFT, Or “The Ugly Duckling”
This article caught my eye because I am still on my first draft of my 3rd Scottish Historical and very despirately want to start the first draft of my Scottish Historical Young Adult. Imagine my surprise that after reading through Gaelen Foley's trials and errors on writing her first draft that she finally recomments April Kihlstrom's Book in a Week! I mean... April Kihlstrom writes those short novels... Gaelen Foley's are huge with many twists and turns in her plot!
Now... it's sunday and I did in fact write the first page of my Young Adult... deciding where and how to start was a bit of a challenge... but that is another post. Anyway... since I had done a bit of good work and it's not even 10am... I allowed myself to serf the internet a little more. April Kihlstrom led me to Melinda Rose's website (her link was broken... I had to google)... and then Melinda Rose offered the most interesting information on her website.... a detailed listing of agents/publisher/authors and their sales for the past few years! What a quick and easy way to see who is selling what... and how busy these agents/publishers are... as well as what they are buying! The listing follows fantasy/sci-fi/ and young adult BUT I believe a few romances are listed. Worth the time for a look.
2 comments:
That link is great, Mary. I'll definitely go back there because I'm in first draft hell myself.
Thanks for the links. Foely's was interesting reading.
Post a Comment