Mom's party was awesome!!!
I am so glad that we did this!!! And here's a big reason why...
After the party was over, I took my mother and my boys to mom's house. Of course you know kids... they wanted Mama to open her presents. It was probably 11:30 pm by then. BUT… you can tell Mama wanted to open her presents. She received lots of nice things that an 80 year old would get, religious items, candles, picture frames, bath soaps and lotions etc. While she was opening her presents, about mid way through, my mother looks at me and says, "This was the first birthday party I ever had."
Imagine my shock. I said, "What about when you were a kid?"
Then she proceeds to remind me how poor her family was and that she never could have a party.
Thank God we did this!
I can't tell you how thrilled she was... it was perfect too. She didn't suspect a thing. I brought an "itinerary" with me when I went to Louisiana with printed information of the places I wanted to take my boys. Tour the Tabasco Plant on Avery Island, Visit the Jungle Gardens on Avery Island, Walk through the Vermilionville Village in Lafayette, Go to the Rosary House, and visit the Acadiana Zoo. And lets not forget all the different Cajun restaurants! Anyhoo... I also had in my "itinerary" a stop to see an art show at the renovated Evangeline theatre. That was where her party was. She had been so used to my agenda, she never questioned me.
I will make a little comments ;) This trip was FILLED with personality clashes. I'm the "mediator" and boy did I have my work cut out for me. But the party was really a success. Everyone had fun and it was so good to see those people who I hadn't seen in YEARS!
I dropped off my film... I love my 35mm best ;)
But I am getting the pictures put on a disc so I will post some next week.
Tomorrow I pack for the RWA Conference... so I'm not sure if I'll post again. I leave Wednesday Morning and won't be back online until Sunday. I'm bringing my digital to the conference... so I'll probably post a couple of pictures then. I'm not nearly the picture taker at conferences.
2 comments:
Well, hello and I got a two boxes of books coming to your house.
Bunch of goodies.
Am writing lots.
OMG! I love books! I'm betting you'll get a box after the conference too ;) I'm taking an empty cardboard file box to the conference just for books!
I haven't written anything. And over all those days in Louisiana I only got through about 100 pages of that last book in the Water Trilogy. In the back of my mind it was torture but besides the mini dramas from family... the time I spent time with my mother was so nice.
I'm looking forward to the conference to jump start me into my writing life.
Post a Comment