Monday, May 29, 2006

The Wedding Raffle by Geralyn Dawson

I just finished reading the Wedding Raffle... and I loved how she ended it. I swear that's the key to keep readers reading your books. It was REALLY satisfing ending. I am going to look for more of her work. I laughed and cried reading this story. It made me think on how I can end my own story in a similar manner... a catching ending phrase that explains one last question in the story. I had actually forgotten about this unanswered question, so subtle it was. BUT the answer DID MAKE the ending.

Most of the day will be family time. Grilling outside and food. Probably some fireworks tonight.

I also plan on starting The Golden Compass today. Most of the food is already prepared. My husband is grilling. I do plan on trying to make my first smoothy today. The title of the recipe is All-American Fruit Smoothies. If its totally delicious I'll post the recipe later. I plan on perfecting smoothies this summer. I hope the kids will like them!

Note on yesterday work: I didn't write or edit BUT I did spend a good amount of time rereading my old and new notes on my 2nd Scottish Historical. I didn't find any notes on my old villian (the god one)... now I'm starting to wonder if I made any. I will start working on villain character sheets today...the god villain and the enemy clan villain who I did make notes on.

Have a safe Memorial Day!

No comments: