Monday, March 27, 2006

Tithe by Holly Black

I worked on a new story today. I’m developing the plot. I have bits and pieces of the story in my mind BUT it hasn’t come together yet… I’m missing situations and I’m not so sure I can get away with something that I want to do. I have to do more research to see how I can make it sound realistic. I have ideas.

I finished reading Tithe by Holly Black today. I must admit I didn’t particularly like the beginning but once the fairy happenings started I got into it. Call me a prude… but I wouldn’t let my 12 year old read it. It said on the back flap that it was her first book. I thought she wrote the spiderwick books… so I’m wondering if it was her first book that just didn’t get published first? I just visited her website to see what all that is about… her website is COOL!!! Visit it and click on the spiderwick books ;) www.hollyblack.com And Tithe is her first book… the spiderwick’s started in 2003. I hadn’t realized that they published so recently. Interesting. I think I’ll have to read a couple spiderwick books ;)

No comments: