Sunday, February 12, 2006

We went Geocaching Today

We went geocaching today. I’m not so good at using the GPS thing. I had never used it before and so it was mostly trial and error. I think it was dumb luck that we actually found one ;) But it was EXCITING!! We found kid treasure. The cache was filled with kid toys… the boys each picked out something they wanted and then we left our own treasure in the cache. That’s how it works. You take something and you leave something.

We are definitely doing this more often. And I imagine I just need practice with that GPS… I am also going to learn how to use a compass.

We did make a cache of our own and hid it out there on the trail. I sent in the info to the geocaching.com website but I did it wrong. It is too close to another cache. So this week I need to move it. It a cool one too… a Mardi Gras theme. I even put recipe cards with on how to make an easy King Cake and of course a plastic baby to put inside the cake.

A picture of our "Mardi Gras Maddness" Cache:

No comments: