I goofed off today… well… not really ;)
I packed some boxes to send off to the soldiers in Iraq. I found out who to send it to and what they wanted/needed on the anysoldier.com website. I have been wanting to do this… but I’m embarrassed to say that I never made the time.
Yesterday, I started a new blog to post my letters. I can’t mail boxes all the time but I can write letters. The cost is the same postage amount as regular mail. I can do letters and after reading through the www.anysoldier.com website… that’s what the soldiers really look forward to. I plan on doing my letters like the form letters you receive at Christmas time. I’ll just print off a few and send them off. I could get real organized and type up labels, save them, and just print off to send to the same units. I plan to make this a weekly habit.
The blogs name is http://dearsoldier.blogspot.com/
I put the blog name in my letter that I enclosed in the boxes. I fixed the blog so anyone can comment and it’s searchable so the soldiers with Internet access can comment if they want to.
If any of my writer friends have a hankering to do this too… I’d be happy to add you to the contributors list so you can post the letters that you sent off to the soldiers. Or you can write a letter, email it to me and I’ll add it in the envelope with my letter as well as the blog. I plan on figuring out how many sheets can go in the envelope before the postage goes up. I’m going to use the business size envelope and copy paper. If anyone already knows this answer… please let me know ;)
What else did I do today? I’ve been busy doing unusual stuff for sure. I made a geocache ;) What is this you ask? Check out www.geocaching.com to see what it’s all about. The name of my cache is “Mardi Gras Madness.” I tell you… I had a big time putting that box together. I even made King Cake Recipe cards and put the plastic baby’s in the bag so people who took recipe cards had the baby that goes in the cake. I plan on taking my boys out tomorrow morning to hide it.
So… after I did all this today… I regret that my writing day suffered. I will write in the afternoon tomorrow. My oldest son is going on a geocaching hunt at Stone Mountain with a group of boys. That is what started all this off. Yes… I’m one of those people who dive right into things ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment