Sunday, January 15, 2006

Reading... a Lazy Sunday

Why did I eat two Krispy Kreme donuts??? I never eat them when I get them for the kids. Now I’m sugar rushing and in an hour or so… I’m going to crash! And I knew it too when I did it. I’m weak today!

I started reading Black Silk by Judith Ivory. It is a lush, rich story. I’m getting my money’s worth… not much white space to be found.

Judith Ivory gives lots of setting details. I like that. It has some unusual qualities that aren’t typical of romances… one being is that our hero has a mistress and the heroine knows and seems to like her. It is a true building of a relationship between hero and heroine. Yes, they have that physical interest in each other but there is much more. There relationship is building slow but solid, first with friendship stemming from a strange bonding that begins with a strange little box and looks to be about to grow into something more. I’m still reading ;)

No comments: