I was restless to read a Scottish Historical yesterday. So picked and probed through my “to read” pile and my eyes kept going to Under a Wild Sky by Sasha Lord. A book that I kept passing over and never got to. I actually have two of her stories (same series) that I had never read. I read the first and was pleasantly surprised. Virginia Henley gave her praising review that graced the cover. I love Virginia Henley… her book A Year in a Day was the book that inspired me to write my own romance. Anyway… I realized that the setting of the story was in Scotland so my decision was settled.
This was an interesting and entertaining read. Very Descriptive and it had some super sensual sections ;) that were comparable to Virginia Henley in pushing the envelope in mainstream romance. Her book was rich with description and took longer than others to read. It reminded me more of fantasy type books than the typical romance. She kept me interested and I paid attention. I definitely plan to read the next one… maybe tonight ;)
I am going to take the boys to see Harry Potter today… I hope we can get tickets.
I’ve been keeping up with my witch way pages and am feeling more productive than I have in a long time.
1 comment:
Ugh. I couldn't get past the excerpt on her website. Mrs. Giggles had some "wild" things to say, too. :-)
Post a Comment