Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Completed Quiz & Worked on Character Scrapbook. I also worked on Chapter 3 of my SH#2. I had written in chapter three but didn’t finish it because I had already thought to change it. But now I know how it should go… I just want to make sure that chapter ends with a bang since the first three chapters is usually the request of choice with editors and agents.

Tommorrow begins NaNoWriMo month. Joely wrote a blog entry recently on her thoughts about this upcoming month and what she will do differently in the month of November. I like her take on it and plan on following this logic too. So I will be give free rein to my creative voice while tightening the reins of my critical voice. Too bad I'm not writing a western ;)

We are gearing up for Halloween! We have all the decorations outside (fog machine, spiderwebs, skull, cauldron, lights) and I have my huge bucket of candy and toys ready. We live on a steep hill… so I reward those die hard trick or treaters who take the path of most resistance with a big handful often two depending on the size of their loot bag.

My sons want to be the same as last year and I think the year before that. They just wear masks basically. Thank God for my daughter. She loves to dress up. I haven’t completely settled on it, but I think I’ll dress in hula wear. My daughter helps hand out candy and this is how she will dress. Last year I was a queen and she was a princess. Next year I think I will make our costumes… Clowns. I found a cute pattern on the Simplicity website. The style of the purple and white suite doesn’t look too difficult. I’m a basic sewer… I can follow a pattern and sort of sew a straight line but nothing comes out professional looking… unlike my sister whose sewing is so nice it looks like it came from a store. I'm rambling!

And sadly I feel I must remind anyone reading this not to forget to check your children's candy.

Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!

1 comment:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Excellent work, Mary! Here's to a month of high creative voice!! *muttering "shut up" to critical voice!*