Sunday, October 16, 2005

Chicken Pox

I survived a third grade slumber party… I think.

All went well last night. No broken bones. No stomach aches over too many sweets. No scrapes. No bruises. BUT…

One of the kids said that he felt itchy because he had bug bites. So I gave him some itching cream. Later he wanted said he didn’t feel good and wanted to go to sleep (at 10pm at a slumber party). I gave him motrin. When his dad came to pick up his son, I told him about his son's problems the night before. The dad looked at his son and said... “I think you might have chicken pox.” That dad suspected before… I just know he did!

As for my writing…

I was so nervous over all these kids in the house I knew I wouldn’t be able to write. So I read a book… A Lady’s Guide to Rakes by Kathryn Caskie. I really enjoyed her book! Ms. Caskie is witty and IMO she did a nice job of making this a fresh regency.

UPDATE: The mom called... the doctor confirmed it is indeed Chicken Pox. Oh No!!!

1 comment:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, Lordy. I hope no one was infected!! Congrats on surviving, though. :-)