Friday, September 02, 2005

Travelersaid

Well… today I looked back at my goals for the week and cringe… I wont make it… So far I have worked on blocking out my SH#2 but not very far but productive. I didn’t write much at all this week… only the writing in the beginning of the week. And I didn’t do any revisions on SH#1 yet. I need to shake off the blues and get to work.

Miss Black posted her support of Catholic Charities… I do too.

If you can’t provide money… there is a chapter of an organization in Atlanta that I heard about called travelersaid (I don’t think it’s a Catholic Organization or having any religious affiliation). Its whole purpose it seems is to help homeless people and other families in crisis. The chapter in Atlanta http://www.travelersaid.org/ is collecting food, clothing, toiletries for the victims of the hurricane who have traveled to Atlanta for help…. if you call the travelersaid person in your area… you may find that this sort of effort being organized in your area too. This is the first I’ve heard of this organization but my church is sending messages for the parishioners to donate items to this organization.

On another note… The remainder of my neighbor’s tree fell in my yard (again). So this weekend will be more tree cleanup. And I’m not sure if the gate/fence will come out of this one in one piece. I’ll also be taking the boys to my sister in laws on the lake for a portion of the holiday…. so I’m not sure how much writing I’ll get done this Labor Day weekend.

No comments: