Thursday, August 25, 2005

I finished Becoming a Writer by Dorothea Brande

Yesterday I wrote 2 pages and I worked on My Writing Dream… will post later.

I finished Dorothea Brande’s Becoming a Writer and am positive I will read again. I must admit that I read it through without getting up early in the morning to follow her exercises. I’m not a morning person… this feels impossible to me. I write better in the dead of night. BUT I loved the ending. I do a sort of meditative hour (in complete silence) once a week and usually always get bombarded with ideas. Now I know why… her book explained it. NOW I want to do this more because I know it works… I just hadn’t understood it before. I can’t help but wonder how she figured it out ;) Such a simple thing but still illusive if you’re not looking for it. If you haven’t read Becoming a Writer before… IMHO it’s worth your time!

Yesterday in carpool, I started reading Children of the Lamp by P.B. Kerr.

No comments: