Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday Check in and Weekly Goals

Hi Stark Mad members!

Since it seems I'm already getting visitors... I'll fill you in on what I'm up to.

Right now I'm editing a Scottish Historical that I wrote and never submitted anywhere ;) Actually... now I'm glad that I had never mustered the nerve because since I've written my 450 page novel... I've read, studied and am now practicing the MRU (motivation/reaction units) and the Scene/Sequel techniques that Dwight Swain teaches in his book... Techniques of a Selling Writer. I also want to mention that this also meshes nicely with The Marshall Plan method. Soooo now I'm fixing the Scottish Historical and am totally thrilled over how much better it sounds.

I managed to edit 60 pages last week!! I wasn't sure I'd be able to manage it considering how slow going it is. I am going to keep my weekly goal the same as last week... to edit a total of 60 pages.

I am also in the process of outlining the second Scottish Historical. I've done most of the prep work... except ironing out the details of the plot... I'm not completely happy with what I've come up with so for. It will come... I just need to build it ;)

Happy Writing and Editing!
Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

60 pages! Wow. Congrats! :)

Tell me about it re: outlining the second book. I'm still thinking about the second book after I mailed my first to NY.

Trish said...

Sixty pages, that's a great goal.

I still haven't figured out mine yet. Well-- I mean besides my pressing and immediate need to finish rewriting the last three chapters of this stupid book, so the agents who have it can see how it ends.

lol

After that though-- its now book time and I need to come up with some acheivable goals.

Theresa