Saturday, July 30, 2005

Getting Back on Track

I fell off the wagon this week. I read some historicals that were in my "to read" pile. I admit... I got discouraged when I realized how much I was going to have to rewrite... decided to procrastinate for a couple of days... but I've decided that today I'm getting back on track. I plan on taking my sons to the movies, but after I will tackle chapter 13 today.

Next week I'll probably make my goals in chapters rather than pages because I will be cutting a lot... and I'm not sure how I would count those pages... technically they were edited but really they were just cut out.

I'm beginning to think I should write on my other story too... a sort of diversion when I'm tempted to procrastinate... at least that way... I will still get some writing goals accomplished.

Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be discouraged, Mary. I think it's hard when you realize how much work you have to do before your story's complete, but procrastination isn't the way to go. The more you get done, the closer you are to your goals. :)

Take care and stay strong. let me know if you need any help! :)

Mary said...

Thank you Joan and Angelle for your encouragement. Felt a little bleak there for a moment ;)

And you're both right... I just need to focus and keep working on it.

Hugs,
Mary