Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Cutting Large Chunks

Yesterday... I realized that my editing would probabaly go much slower... I went through a 22 page chapter and realized that I could cut more than half of it... well I guess that would mean it would go faster ;)

I'm considering just reading to see what's next and then just rewriting the scenes. These later chapters need more work... I'm thinking about it.

Last night I decided to read a book ;) Guilty Pleasures by Laura Lee Guhrke. She has tons of introspection... but she made it work. Now I'm in her book His Every Kiss. I'd like to write more about her books... but I dont want to give them away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your time reading. What kind of jury duty is this? I'm so glad that I don't have to deal w/ it since I'm overseas right now.

Mary said...

No jury duty :) thank goodness! I'm just reading ;) Bad me... I should be editing. But its sort of an addiction... sometimes I just need to read a few romances right after another... then I can relax again and work on my own writing.